Protect yourself against flu this winter. If you have ever had flu, you will know how unpleasant it can be. For some people however, it can be dangerous, or even life threatening, particularly those with certain health conditions. It can also be highly contagious.
Visit our Flu health advice page for more information about flu.
To help prevent you from catching or spreading flu this winter, NHS and private flu vaccination services are now available across M&D Green Pharmacies.
Who can have the flu vaccine?
The flu vaccine is given free on the NHS and the eligibility criteria for this is based on your specific Health Board - it is typically offered to adults who:
- are 65 and over (including those who will be 65 by 31 March 2024)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer's allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get a severe infection due to a weakened immune system, such as someone living with HIV, someone who has had a transplant, or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis
If you are not eligible for a free NHS flu vaccine, you can still receive the service by booking a private flu vaccination at one of our pharmacies. Enquire today and one of our experienced team will contact you to discuss.
Complete the form below, selecting your preferred pharmacy and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss.